Learn to Row Day coming soon. Tell your friends and neighborsLTR Day Poster 8x11
LBRA and U.S. Rowing to Host U.S. Masters Southwest Region Rowing Championships, July 13 and 14, 2019
This is a two-day championship regatta that is co-hosted by the national organization – U.S. Rowing and Long Beach Rowing Association. For competitive masters rowers who are serious about rowing, this is the annual premiere regatta. Sign up on Regatta Central – Click Here.
If you love to race, you’re going to LOVE racing at Long Beach’s historic Marine Stadium. It’s a world class course, currently under consideration for hosting the 2028 Olympic rowing competition. With a newly energized regatta committee, fresh off of hosting the 2019 FISA World Indoor Rowing Championships, the regatta will be run by experienced pros who know how to run an authentic racer’s regatta.
- Long Beach Marine Stadium, historic site of the 1932 Olympics
- An enclosed, 7 lane, 1,000 meter course
- Boat rentals available on a limited basis – call now for reservations
- Fully buoyed lane lines with stakeboats and starter’s platform
- Ample room for warm ups in waterways around Naples island
- Fair, flat water with a sand beach for launching on the south side and the 5 bay LBRA boathouse on the north side
- Both sides of the course have slanted seawalls to help mitigate wakes
- US. Rowing officials will adhere to a “static” format to further mitigate wakes
- Ample parking for trailers and cars on the course and surrounding areas
- Great restaurants and hotels within ½ mile of the rowing course
- Long Beach International Airport is just minutes away from the course
- Lively day and night life on 2nd Street – shopping, restaurants, dispensaries
- Food and gear vendors will be on location throughout the regatta
- Hotels, markets and stores located very close to course
Register below on Regatta Central Today:
Entries are open now on Regatta Central: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/?section=overview&job_id=6507
Sign up early and often. Be sure to contact our local regatta director, Kristina Duggan to make requests for additional information at Kristinaduggan@yahoo.com.
Note: there are a limited amount of rental boats available from LBRA. Get your requests in right away to take advantage of the rental program.
Races and Warm-ups:
Friday, July 12 – venue open for early arrivals and warm-ups outside of the course
Racing on Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14, 2019
Note: The surrounding waterways will be available for unsupervised warm-ups on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. The regatta will start at 11:00 am on Saturday.
These hotels are 1.25 miles to the course and will offer special rates for regatta attendees.
Call them directly for booking:
5325 Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90804
Phone: (562) 597-1341
Golden Sails Hotel
6285 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803
Phone: (562) 596-1631
US Rowing Regatta Director
LBRA Regatta Director
714 293 9604 Direct
Long Beach Rowing Association and US Rowing
JL Racing – Premiere Rowing Apparel and Official Sponsor of US Rowing
About Long Beach:
Located at the geographic center of the Los Angeles/Orange County metropolitan area, Long Beach is known as the “Aquatic Capital of the USA”. There is easy access to Long Beach and the rowing course by freeways and surface streets.
Local Attractions and Things to do with easy freeway access:
- Knotts Berry Farm
- Universal Studios Tours
- The Queen Mary
- The Long Beach Aquarium
- Bicycling paths along major rivers and along the beach to downtown Long Beach
- Click here to see more things to do in Long Beach on Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Products-g32648-Long_Beach_California.html
Take advantage of the easily accessible rental scooter shares to get around
LBRA’s next big event where volunteers are needed to make or break the event is our Annual Learn to Row Day this coming June 1st. We want to make sure you have plenty of time to get it on your calendars so we’re putting out the volunteer list now. Please sign up for at least one shift here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
Learn to Row Day is an all-hands on deck day where the general public can come and try their hand at rowing. People arrive, fill out the waiver, get introduced to rowing on the erg and through videos, tour the boathouse, and can try both sweep and sculling in boats filled with volunteers. They also can sign up for summer camps/membership and purchase t-shirts. Many of our current club members came to LBRA via the LTR Day event and subsequent camps and we need everyone’s help in once again making this year a success!
A few notes:
- Assisting A.C., boathouse cleanup, and Food will mostly be done before June 1st.
- All Leads will be in charge of organizing cleanup of their station
- We encourage you to sign up for more than one shift if possible
Questions? Ask Sarah Mackenzie or John Nunn (Board Member in charge).
Date: 06/01/2019 (Sat.)Location: Pete Archer Rowing Center
Learn to row camps information has been posted for 2019. Please check with updates on our Website. Learn to Row day is June 1st.
The dock is back in business!
And the results are in…
These Concept 2 Model D Ergs with PM5 (black) were used exclusively in the World Indoor Rowing championships and are in excellent condition. Concept 2 warranties these ergs.
The purchase price is $895 plus tax ($986.74). Buyers should arrange pickup from our boathouse. If that is not possible, transportation may be arranged for a fee. To purchase, please contact Sarah Mackenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The city will begin repairs under the dock ramp starting on Monday March 18th. During that time the ramp will be detached and there will be no rowing allowed.
They estimate the repairs will take 2-3 days.